New to Trucking?

Find Out How to Obtain Your For-Hire DOT Authority

You may think of authority as having a USDOT number, but it’s more than that. In interstate transportation, you need for-hire authority to legally move products or property that belong to someone else for compensation.


So whether you plan to be an over-the-road trucker or use vehicles as part of other work for your business, you’ll need to obtain the proper for-hire authority.

Find out how by following these four steps.


Download the DOT Infographic

FREE Keys to Success ebook 

This free, 14-page e-book gives you an easy-to-understand summary of the requirements you must comply with before hitting the road.


You'll learn... What type of business you run (interstate or intrastate, private or for-hire, CMV or non-CMV, etc.) What operating authority you need (USDOT number, MCS-150, UCR, etc.) What vehicle credentials you must have (CMV registration, IRP, IFTA, etc.) How your trucking company will be help accountable (new entrant safety audit, CSA, etc.)