J. J. Keller® Trucking Authority Services

DOT Authority Monitoring Service

We'll handle the filing, renewal and updating of your authority all year, including Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) and MCS-150. All for the low monthly fee of $45!

USDOT Number/MC Number

A USDOT number is the unique identifier for a carrier or driver and is used by the FMCSA to monitor safety compliance. And if you’re an interstate, for-hire motor carrier of non-exempt property and passengers, you’re also required to have a motor carrier (MC) number.  

Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)

Most interstate carriers are required to register and pay fees annually under the Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) Agreement before operating. This is done by filing a UCR application with the state your company is based in. If your company is based in a non-UCR state, you’ll need to file with a neighboring state.

Biennial MCS-150 Form

The Motor Carrier Identification Report (MCS-150) must be filed biennially (every two years) by all motor carriers operating commercial motor vehicles as defined in §390.5, and intermodal equipment providers operating in interstate commerce. Old or incorrect MCS-150 information can have serious consequences for your business and your Unsafe Driving and Crash BASIC scores.

Process Agent/BOC-3

If you’re a for-hire interstate motor carrier, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires you to designate a process agent in each state you operate in by completing a BOC-3 form. But as a carrier, you’re not allowed to file this form on your own — DOT process agents must file it for you.

PHMSA Hazardous Material Registration

If you’re an interstate carrier, you can now be sure you’re always operating under the proper trucking authority without having to do all of the filing, tracking renewals, and updating credentials. Our team will monitor your authority 365 days a year, notify you of renewals coming due, ensure your applications are filed accurately, and give you a monthly report of your operating status.

Interstate Motor Carrier Authority Packages

It's important to know that getting started in trucking is more than just buying a truck and hitting the road. So whether you plan to be an over-the-road trucker or use vehicles as part of other work for your business, you need the right authority and credentials to comply with the industry's rules and regulations.

Let J. J. Keller help with our comprehensive packages for all new motor carriers.

Compliance Services

Running a small fleet means you already have enough on your plate without having to deal with endless DOT regulatory requirements. Keep your fleet running legally — without all the hassles — by letting us handle your toughest regulatory tasks efficiently, effectively and best of all: affordably


Let our team of vehicle compliance specialists handle the entire process of setting up your IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement) and/or IRP (International Registration Plan) accounts, making it easy to comply with the vehicle registration and fuel tax regulations

California Intrastate Authority

Let us help with your California Authority! We offer bundles for CDL and Non-CDL Carriers that include a California Identification Number, California Motor Carrier Permits (MCP), and California Employer Pull Notice (EPN) (CDL carriers only)