USDOT Number Lookup Truck


Need to lookup a DOT number or perform a MC number check? We can help you out.


To search for a MC number, go to the SAFER FMCSA website and search by DOT number, MC number or company name.


The company shapshot can verify the following information:

  • USDOT Number
  • Name
  • Address & Phone Number
  • State Carrier ID Number
  • Operating Status


You can also check for:

  •  Company's Crash Records
    • Fatal
    • Injury 
    • Tow
  • Company's Safety Rating 
    • Satisfactory
    • Conditional
    • Unsatisfactory
FMCSA Safer Website- USDOT Number Lookup
Phone icon

Trust the Trucking Authority Experts

We’ll help you obtain, update or correct your USDOT Number.

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact one of J.J. Keller DOT experts to secure a USDOT number at 888-473-4638 or fill out the form below.

Our experts can also help you with Authority MonitoringUCR Filings and IFTA/IRP Set Up.

It serves as a company identifier for the DOT when collecting and monitoring safety information.


If you meet any of the following requirements, you must register for a USDOT Number:

  • You’re an interstate motor carrier


  • You operate a motor vehicle with a GVWR of 10,001+ pounds or
  • You operate a motor vehicle designed to transport 8+ passengers (including driver) for compensation or
  • You operate a motor vehicle designed to transport 15+ passengers (including driver) for no compensation
  • You’re transporting hazardous materials that require a placard. (This regulation applies for interstate AND intrastate carriers)

Many states also require you to get a USDOT number to operate in interstate commerce, the following 33 states require intrastate carriers to also obtain a USDOT number:

  • Alabama
  • Alaska
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • West Virginia
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Wisconsin
  • Nebraska
  • North Carolina
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Washington
  • Wyoming
  • Your company’s Employer Identification (EIN), tax identification number, if you already created a company, or your Social Security number if you are acting as an individual.
  • Your company’s officers names and their titles

I'd like to learn more!

Talk with a Compliance Specialist today at: 888-473-4638 or fill out the form and we'll contact you.

(Note: * indicates required information.)

(If not a business, please enter your Full Name in the Company Name field)

Please use numeric characters only

By clicking 'submit' you are confirming that you read and are agreeing to the terms & conditions.